Delicious Detector seeks out adventure, quality, taste and the unique.
Outdoor adventure, craft beer, food, restaurants, whiskey, wine and more.
Delicious Detector is the culmination of fifteen years of multi-disciplinary experience. Located in Seattle but reporting and working on deliciousness found everywhere.
Work With Me
Delicious Detector is available for projects, consulting and adventures. I can help you with any number of issues or ideas that you, your brand or company are working on. From recipe development and taste testing to brainstorm sessions and branding. I have a unique background that combines IT/software knowledge with food knowledge and adventure that can be applied in any situation or town.
To say hello, get an expert opinion, or work with me on a upcoming project, idea, or problem, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention what you are working on. I will be sure to write back!
Selected Highlights and Experience
- Grand opening of five different restaurant concepts over a span of eight years.
- Avid Ski Mountaineer; steep backcountry descents, glacier travel, volcanoes.
- Experienced computer systems backend engineer, technical architect working in fast paced startup environment as well as slower paced small independent business settings.
- Five year effort helping to build a tech company resulted in acquisition by Microsoft Corp. in April 2015.
- Three years of expeditor tutelage at the busiest fine dining restaurant in Seattle, under the infamous Peng Fu Wu at Wild Ginger.
- Eight years of skiing every month of the year.
- Extensive experience with both red and white wine, Columbia Valley and Italy as focus areas.
- Seattle area craft beer authority, blind taste tests.
- Sailing experience
- Frequent hiker and multi-day backpacker
- Experience as a recording studio engineer, multi-track recording, mixing
- Year-Round skiing in Washington State, British Columbia and Oregon
- Explorer-in-Residence for Mountain To Sound Outfitters
- International Travel
- Exploring the burgeoning Washington State craft distillery scene
- Home Brewing